pets

A Celebration is Coming!

Oh Dog!  My Gotcha Day is October 20th, and that is NEXT WEEK!

Don’t know what a Gotcha Day is?  Well that’s the day that I came into Jen’s life- GOTCHA!

I have lived with Jen for 5 years now.  The vet estimated that I was between 6 and 9 months old when I first appeared.

And since this is a GREAT reason to celebrate, I want all of you to celebrate with me!

I know you humans love your animal family members/friends.  So in honor of my Gotcha! Day I’m asking each of you to briefly tell us how your human/animal relationship began.

I like poetry, so I’d love to see some poems.

Heartfelt messages are always welcome.

If you’d like to email me a pic, I’d be happy to post it.  Email to rumparoni@gmail.com.  Out of respect to my typist, pics must arrive no later than Tuesday to be published (one pic please).

This is gonna be SO MUCH FUN!  Even June Buggie might enjoy it!

59 thoughts on “A Celebration is Coming!

1. I’ve got the purr-fect pick I’m gonna send you…. *sniggers*

Posted by Gordon | October 14, 2011, 1:10 AM
  2. Happy Almost GOTCHA DAY Rumpy. We had our 1st GOTCHA day with our new mum back in August. We had originally had a home & when huDad got sick our old huMum took us to Cats Protection for re-homing which is where we found our new huMum. She was having very difficult time & needed someone to love & she picked us & we are so happy. We luv our mum/home so much. Sorry it’s not a poem as our humum isn’t very good at that. Catch ya laters. Via @cat_MarsEchelon

Posted by VC | October 14, 2011, 1:22 AM
  3. Wow! It’s gonna be so much fun!!! We’ll celebrate your Gotcha Day together!!! I can’t wait!!! Wooo woo woo! 🙂 *whispering* June Buggie, I’m glad you will enjoy it, too *wink at him*

Posted by eripanwkevin | October 14, 2011, 1:29 AM
  4. Hey Rumpy! An idea. You’ve interviewed us, why not tell us your story? how did you come to live with Jen?

Posted by Rerun | October 14, 2011, 1:33 AM
  5. very cute!

Posted by Pigeon Heart | October 14, 2011, 1:39 AM
  6. Congrats to you and Jen! I’ll try my best to send you a cute photo of my boys. A poem? Don’t know if I’m that talented 😉

Posted by Bluejellybeans | October 14, 2011, 2:06 AM
  7. We never heard of Gotcha Day til we met you and LocksleyDog on the Tweetie! We think it’s a grand idea. Besides a birthday, Gotcha Day is the best day of a dog or cat’s life. It’ll be fun to help celebrate yours. Do DeDe and the kitties have them too?

Posted by Annabelle Essert (@RainbowCatsx8) | October 14, 2011, 2:46 AM
  8. Im sure it will be a HUGE celebration 🙂

Kari

Posted by Kari | October 14, 2011, 2:59 AM
  9. Oohhh, I’ve got to come up with something now so my boys can join in the fun, too. 🙂

Posted by tita buds | October 14, 2011, 3:03 AM
  10. Ooo – looking forward to celebrating when you gotcha Jen. *teehee*

Mmm, poetry. *puts thinking cap on at rakish angle*

Posted by Nuala Little Goddess (@NualaSiamese) | October 14, 2011, 3:41 AM
  11. Happy almost Gotcha day from over here too! Our Nala celebrated her first gotcha day in July! Can’t wait for many more 🙂

Posted by nalasdogdays | October 14, 2011, 4:14 AM
  12. New facebook follower from the weekend warrior hop.

Posted by Diane | October 14, 2011, 6:14 AM
  13. your “Gotcha Day” is a SUPER SPECIAL DAY!! You know why? It is also my MOM’S BIRTHDAY!!!! BOL!!!!!

Posted by CarenOsrinGittleman (@CatChatCaren) | October 14, 2011, 7:43 AM
  14. Happy Gotcha Day!! 🙂 That must have been a really happy day for ya and Jen.. 🙂 I’m celebrating my birthday next week as well; on the 21st!
    I guess we are both waiting for gifts and cake!!

Posted by Bites Of Sweet And Spice | October 14, 2011, 9:08 AM
  15. A Gotcha Day is a great idea–we’ll have to use this idea to celebrate our Dukie since we don’t know when his birthday is. I’ll send a picture to help you celebrate!

We adopted Duke through a great organization called Mid-Iowa Boxer Rescue. We technically fostered him at first, but we knew after about two days that he was here to stay! We officially adopted him this past August. He’s six (they think).

Gertie was born on a farm near us, and the first time we met her, she was nestled in a puppy pile in the hay loft with her littermates. We brought her home as an eight-week-old puppy in May 2008.

Posted by iowadogblog | October 14, 2011, 9:16 AM
  16. Hey rumpydog, advance happy Gotcha day to you! … 🙂

Posted by aRVee | October 14, 2011, 9:26 AM
  17. Swing by and for your gotcha day we will have a howling good time, especially when the moon comes out.

Posted by Randall | October 14, 2011, 9:44 AM
  18. What a lovely thing to celebrate, and I think I might even be motivated to help, pictures and poems and all.

Posted by Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) | October 14, 2011, 11:09 AM
  19. Great way to celebrate your special day Rumpy!

Posted by Bassas Blog | October 14, 2011, 11:31 AM
  20. Happy Gotcha Day!
    Penny was a tiny yellow kitten crying and desperate in a for really real alley. Everyone ignored her but we helped her. Her fleas bit me and gave me Typhus. I almost died.
    She was worth it and I’m glad we didn’t name her Typhus.
    Now she’s a tough little yellow Lioness.
    🙂

Posted by MC/Curtis | October 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
  21. Rumpy, I never heard of Gotcha Day before but I love it. Congratulations! I don’t know when my birthday is so now I have something I can celebrate too. I’ll have to get my person to help me work on a poem. -Bongo

Posted by BongoDogOwner | October 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
  22. Oh Dog! Sounds like fun. 😀

Posted by Sheri | October 14, 2011, 5:04 PM
  23. Gotcha! 10/20 is booked!

Posted by Anne Schilde | October 14, 2011, 6:07 PM
  24. Rumpy… what a grrrrreat way to celebrate YOUR Gotcha Day… I’ll see what I can do.

Posted by Frankie Furter | October 14, 2011, 6:09 PM
  25. Rumpy, I didn’t know you loved poetry. What a super special day! Gotta celebrate.

Posted by ann Dziemianowicz | October 14, 2011, 7:20 PM
  26. Such a sweet story you have shared with all of us on fb: Your story inspires more people to be kind to be friends of animals…Thank you for spreading the word by just being you !! *HuGs*~~ VERY big hugs too !!!!!

Posted by karen pastore | October 14, 2011, 10:40 PM
  27. Our Tangy the cat was a mangy cat and we found him at the local pound.
    He meowed when he saw us and leaped into my arms and the pound help assured me he was sound. 🙂 Happy 5 years to you!

Posted by ElizOF | October 15, 2011, 3:50 AM
  28. Oh what a great idea! Mr. Ched seconds that. 🙂

Posted by Geraldine | October 15, 2011, 10:38 AM
  29. Wishing you a happy GOTCHA day rumpy! The day after will be my birthday (yay!) so i’ll be sure to share some of my birthday cake with ya 😉

Posted by Loud Mind | October 15, 2011, 11:04 PM
  30. We lovez you Rumpy! Willow hugs her favorite friend

Posted by Donna M Lenz | October 16, 2011, 3:13 PM
  31. Happy almost Gotcha Day! Love that term!

Posted by Paprika Furstenburg | October 16, 2011, 4:05 PM
  32. LOVE the photos on this one! Perfect for such a happy occasion!

Posted by kathryningrid | October 16, 2011, 8:19 PM
  33. The story of @RockytheDogg
    I came to live with my new family on May 21, 2006 after being born in foster care on Mar 31, 2006. My doggie Mom was rescued by a group called Dogs Deserve Better that rescues dogs that are chained. My Mom was very pregnant and on a six foot chain in the cold and rainy weather in Oregon. My foster home was in Dallas Oregon where I was born in a barn with a big Llama and chickens. There were 6 of us in my litter, 5 girls and me and all found wonderful homes. When I came to live with my new family they had a wonderful dog (I called her Mama Stella) she had just lost her best friend Sir Beauregarde to cancer and was lonely. I was able to cheer her up and make her last 4 years very happy. Unfortunately she died in May of this year. I am so happy my new family rescued me – they have a big ranch with lots of property for me to run and play. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! @RockytheDogg

Posted by RockyTheDogg | October 17, 2011, 6:53 PM