Dear DeDe

Advice From Dear DeDe!

Oh Dog! It’s Sunday, so it’s once again time for some advice from Dear DeDe! That’s me!

There have been some items in the news that have disturbed me lately.

1. Donald Trump’s sons Donald Jr. and Eric apparently were photographed with dead animals they hunted while on a safari in Africa. The safari took place a couple of years ago, but the photos have just now surfaced. These two apparently killed a variety of large animals, including an elephant and a leopard. The two claimed their actions helped feed the needy.
  2. The Scotts Company recently pled guilty in federal court to violating federal pesticide laws. Apparently the company knowingly sold birdseed that had been treated with toxic pesticides for TWO YEARS.
  3. Daniel Richards, the president of the California Fish and Game Commission, was recently photographed with a cougar he hunted and killed. Well, actually he shot and killed a cougar that had been trapped in a tree. This was a guided hunt that he paid $7000 to go on, and the cougar was trapped in the tree by dogs. And to think this guy is in charge of state parks and wildlife in California.

My advice to you is to complain.

Write the Donald’s sons and let them know that killing wild animals is not a sport, but cruelty. You can write them here:

Donald Trump Jr.
Erick Trump
c/o Trump Organization
725 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10022

Write the Scott’s Company and tell them how you feel about their actions that may have led to the sickness or death of who knows how many birds.

And if you live in California, contact your elected officials, including the governor’s office, and let them know that Richards needs to go. You can also voice your feelings with the commission.

One of these days you humans are going to have to realize that you can’t keep killing us for the hell of it.

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
~ Cree Prophecy ~

53 thoughts on “Advice From Dear DeDe!

1. Creepy old Trump!

Posted by butimbeautiful | March 25, 2012, 1:08 AM
  2. I only just learned recently that people still hunt elephants in Africa. And I live in Africa! How did I not know this?! I guess it just seems impossible to believe that there are still people in the world who actually WANT to kill an elephant. I mean, WTF?

Posted by 2summers | March 25, 2012, 1:13 AM
    • It is unbelievable isn’t it?

Posted by rumpydog | March 25, 2012, 8:40 AM
      • It’s the same with killing dolphins or whales….it is caused by one of three things. First, ignorance of just how smart these animals are and how much alike we are. Second, it could be a stubbornness about an outdated cultural pastime. Or three, it is greed. We can do something about all three of these if we just tried harder, and education and awareness is where we must begin.

Posted by drangedinaz | March 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
  3. That is IT. We should all totally write letters about all of these things. They are just WRONG!!!
    xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Posted by bichonpawz | March 25, 2012, 2:24 AM
    • The worst part is it’s meaningless. Hunting to kill animals to feed your family is one thing. Hunting an animal that never stood a chance just to have your picture taken with something you killed is just wrong.

Posted by rumpydog | March 25, 2012, 8:41 AM
  4. 😦

These make me and Charlie very sad. 😦

We think the Cree prophecy is all too true.

Take care
    x

Posted by zhaan1 | March 25, 2012, 2:57 AM
  5. These make me and Charlie very sad. 😦

The Cree prophecy is all too true.

Take care
    x

Posted by Old Kitty | March 25, 2012, 2:58 AM
  6. Oh no……how dare they could do those inhumanities!!!!!! Grrrrrrr…….
    I’m sure that those humans will end up having the same experience at the end of their lives!!!They should deserve it!!! *angry face*

Posted by eripanwkevin | March 25, 2012, 3:35 AM
  7. Power, Money, Arrogance. Sometimes writing letters and peaceful protesting makes a difference, but all too often not. We can all choose not to live that way in our own lives though and there’s comfort in that at least. Remember Loren Eisley’s Story of the Starfish…”It makes a difference to this one.”

BTW, to 2summers ~ I tried to find a place on your website to write you a note and couldn’t. So I need to say it here: You live in Africa and you didn’t know elephants are being killed there by poachers, by culling, by villagers running them off to protect their crops and, yes, by tourists? There’s the real WTF. Have you been living under a rock without TV or newspapers? Johannesburg is 35 miles from Pretoria. Please go to the website for SanWild Wildlife Sanctuary ~ http://www.sanwild.org/index.htm ~ and educate yourself.

Posted by Diana Essert | March 25, 2012, 4:52 AM
  8. DeDe, thank you for the post and for making it super easy to us to voice our outrage with links and addresses. When we write to these despicable humans, we should include the Cree Prophecy!! xx Berner Girls

Posted by Moxie Dogs | March 25, 2012, 6:56 AM
  9. I had no idea big game hunting even still went on.. have they no conscience at all? and shooting an animal that has been trapped in a tree for you, probably for hours.. ! There is something very sick happening here! c

Posted by ceciliag | March 25, 2012, 8:47 AM
    • I am not against hunting per se. I know people gotta eat. But this isn’t about eating. It’s about killing a trophy. And it’s not right.

Posted by rumpydog | March 25, 2012, 9:53 AM
      • That’s the point: if you kill it, eat it. They should be made to eat what they shoot, all of it.

I wrote to the Scotts people. Not that it will do much good, but it relieved my feelings.

Posted by vivinfrance | March 26, 2012, 1:39 AM
  10. I must confess that The Brothers and I have long wished we could hunt that fuzzy rodent that sits on top of Donald Trump’s head.

Posted by cult of otis | March 25, 2012, 12:55 PM
  11. A bunch of insecure, rich people.
    You know what they say…big-game hunters, small p_____es.
    Mwahaha.

Posted by tita buds | March 25, 2012, 1:04 PM
    • So should we just go ahead and neuter them at puberty and save us all alot of trouble?

Posted by rumpydog | March 25, 2012, 1:29 PM
      • But that would only make them even more insecure! Hahaha.
        Gaad, these people. Frustrating, isn’t it? And they do big-game hunting in the name of ‘helping out local communities’, too. I’ve read articles ‘lauding’ programs like that, would you believe?

Posted by tita buds | March 25, 2012, 1:34 PM
  12. Good advice DeDe! We’ll start barking about these issues.
    Bella and DiDi

Posted by Paws To Talk | March 25, 2012, 1:08 PM
  13. Me & my Human lives in California and we think that that fish & wildlife VERMIN (yeah, we know, an insult to vermin everywhere) is gonna lose his stoopy job pretty soon. He is a Bad Man and should not be in charge of NUFFING!

Posted by Spitty the Kitty | March 25, 2012, 1:12 PM
  14. *sigh* when will people learn?

Posted by CATachresis | March 25, 2012, 2:47 PM
  15. Hi Y’all,

Oh dear, oh dear! My Human always wanted to go on one of those camera safaris…she likes to shoot wildlife with a camera, not a gun.

Our friends who hunt do so for food. My Human says people she knew when she was young ate everything they killed or they didn’t kill it.

You’re right Rumpy. Killing for a trophy is not only a waste and disgusting but there should be a law against it. Unfortunately, it would be a difficult law to enforce…there just aren’t enough DNR personnel. But, like speeders, at least some would be caught and maybe others would think twice.

Y’all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

Posted by Hawk (@browndogcbr) | March 25, 2012, 2:59 PM
    • I know some folks don’t agree with me, but I don’t have a beef with hunters who feed their families. I was raised up in that lifestyle, and to me it just seems more humane than what factory farms do with the animals they raise to sell in grocery stores.

But this trophy hunting that serves no purpose just seems so wrong to me. And you’re right, it’s hard to enforce. That’s why I prefer to use the court of public opinion to shame people into not acting this way.

Posted by rumpydog | March 25, 2012, 3:05 PM
  16. Thank you for the address and the Cree Prophecy…I will be using both!

Posted by Deborah Boza Valledor | March 25, 2012, 2:59 PM
  17. Wow, just wow. I didn’t know any of these things. Thanks so much for the links! 🙂

Woofs & hugs, ❤

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Posted by Bailey | March 25, 2012, 3:40 PM
  18. Nice blog…
    I read that you wanted some snow…
    Me too!!! I want snow, I’m crazy about snow……

Pleaseeee

Posted by BlueShell | March 25, 2012, 3:56 PM
  19. I swear I know already that you can’t eat money – I do, I do.

I had not heard of this news, Rumpy. Thank you so much for telling me & for your advice. You’re just wonderful, what you do and the way you do it.

The ONLY thing IN THE WORLD uglier than a photo of people who have killed majestic creatures, is a house sporting the heads of killed animals, rugs, etc. Just foul, repulsive & I could not, could not go near such a man.

Posted by WordsFallFromMyEyes | March 25, 2012, 4:12 PM
  20. The hole trump gang is just disgusting, so this is well in keeping with past form.

URban Hounds

Posted by Urban Hounds | March 25, 2012, 4:28 PM
  21. Arrogant barbarians!!

Posted by Line of Serenity (Joyce Fields) | March 25, 2012, 5:08 PM
  22. The German is so upset she cannot send message herself, but we thank you, DeDe, for this information.

Posted by philosophermouseofthehedge | March 25, 2012, 7:24 PM
  23. Hey DeDe, Jet here. Ace reporting. Thanks for shining the light on these horrible animal offenses… humans – hmpf… need to learn a thing or two about respect.

Posted by heyitsjethere | March 25, 2012, 8:18 PM
  24. Thank you for providing the addresses and contact information. You’re right, we have to speak up for what’s right.

Posted by Peggy Frezon | March 25, 2012, 8:45 PM
  25. Thanks for the info. I still figured things like this went on, but it is nice to know we can at least write a letter and do something. Thanks also for liking my post 🙂

Posted by Seasonsgirl | March 25, 2012, 9:06 PM
  26. Wow I did not know about those news. Isn’t hunting elephants illegal? All hunting should be illegal..

Posted by Joanna | March 25, 2012, 9:11 PM
  27. Excellent advice! How can humans be so thoughtless.

Posted by Cathy Keisha | March 25, 2012, 9:25 PM
  28. I have never liked Donald T****!

Posted by Anne Schilde | March 26, 2012, 1:46 AM
  29. Goodness, how sad.
    Love,
    Payton

Posted by Payton | March 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
  30. Very sad. Killing a treed cougar is not a sport. Sounds like all 3 examples you listed need to learn a thing or two about how to treat those we share the planet with.

Posted by earthriderjudyberman | March 26, 2012, 4:49 PM
  31. This Cree prophecy so well underlines Dear DeDes rant here today. I am totally with you on all of this, Dear DeDe! Action, action, time to take action against wasting our planet and its marvelous lifeforms.

Posted by granbee | March 27, 2012, 4:02 PM
  32. Thanks for the news update; I didn’t know about the Trump one.

Posted by paws2smile | March 28, 2012, 12:14 PM