mental health, poetry, women's issues

No. Just No.

There will be no sex poems. The muse is no more.

Noooooo!!!!

In the near future expect me to write about me. Because, as James Baldwin wrote in Notes of a Native Son (and thanks to Alejandro, who recently posted this at Chief Writing Wolf): “One writes out of one thing only–one’s own experience. Everything depends on how relentlessly one forces from this experience the last drop, sweet or bitter, it can possibly give. This is the only real concern of the artist, to recreate out of the disorder of life that order which is art.”

For some my writing will be painful to read. This is not a mandatory class; you’re free to cavort around the Internet reading whomever and whatever you choose.

As for those who will not be happy that I am sharing their ugliness with the world, I offer this quote from Anne Lamott:

So here I head off on yet another path looking for what I want. Wonder what will happen this time?

Imposter Syndrome

Sitting in a salon chair
waiting for my hair
to transform from gray to red.
I dread
hearing these perfect wives
complain about their perfect lives.
I envy those I overhear.
I don’t belong here.

17 thoughts on “No. Just No.

1. I love that quote from Anne Lamott. I think I’ll try one of her books.

Posted by Clowie | June 18, 2021, 1:45 AM
  2. Never envy the perfect wives they are the imposters. 💜

Posted by willowdot21 | June 18, 2021, 6:54 AM
  3. Thank you for sharing honestly and bravely. I need it. Our world need it. Truth be told, imperfection is what’s real, too perfect well, we know it can be digitally altered. So much fakeness around me, so much unhappy people trying to make others just as unhappy. Sometimes, just want to fly away , but I’m no Superman. Stay awesome and true always. 🙏

Posted by Island Traveler | June 19, 2021, 2:48 PM
  4. Anne Lamont’s quote is so telling! Love it.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | June 21, 2021, 1:01 PM