cats, We hate you Wednesday

We Hate You Wednesday – Black Cat Edition

This week the black cats in the household are voicing their displeasure with me. OK, so every week they voice their displeasure with me; it’s just that this week I got some decent photos to coincide with their frustration.

In this scene, Graybow, aka Graybie Baby, is letting me know that despite evidence to the contrary, he’s still the baby of the family. There are some strong personalities up in this house, and his is one of the stinkiest.

The kitten, as she is most often called, is not happy about having been to the vet for her first round of shots. She was found to have some roundworms too. Gross! The photo is not great, I admit. Photographing kittens is hard; photographing black kittens seems impossible.

Miss Biddy does not like being indoors. Period. So what if it’s hot AND humid outside? That’s where she wants to be and who am I to tell her otherwise? Yes, she is letting me give her loves in this photos. She also shit on the laundry room counter, so there’s that.

Ah my cats and kittens, you are so very annoying… and much loved.

21 thoughts on “We Hate You Wednesday – Black Cat Edition

1. Awww..they are all adorable. I love black cats, I currently have 2 plus many in Heaven. They are hard to get good photos of though.

Posted by 15andmeowing | July 28, 2021, 8:22 AM
  2. we notice that too… all wednesdays stink somehow……and we thought it’s thursday where nothing good happens… or maybe both days are haunted?

Posted by easyweimaraner | July 28, 2021, 9:08 AM
  3. I have two rotten black cats, myself. They’re 13 years old, but they’re still my babies. 🐱

Posted by justdrivewillyou | July 28, 2021, 10:03 AM
  4. They don’t look overly upset to me!

Posted by Brian | July 28, 2021, 3:35 PM
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You 3 are too cute!!
    Black Cats Rule!!!!
    Purrs, Julie

Posted by Mickey's Musings | July 28, 2021, 6:25 PM
  6. They are all beautiful, Jen. And you can tell them we said so. 🙂

That shot of Graybie Baby is wonderful. When photographing black cats, my approach is to try to focus on the inside corner of one of their eyes. It *usually* works.

Posted by meowmeowmans | July 28, 2021, 10:18 PM
  7. I’m looking forward to a multicast household. Hoping it comes with a border collie & a husband. Not giving up. Cheers,H

Posted by helentastic67 | July 28, 2021, 11:36 PM
  8. Tell Graybie he has the best tufts on his ears – that may cheer him up!

Posted by Clowie | July 29, 2021, 1:37 AM
  9. Mew mew mew Graybie Baby you are alot like mee…LadyMew meowss mee iss a “Diva”…what wuud a man cat bee called simmylar to that??? HMMM..
    Little Kit yore gorgeeuss an Miss Jen yore fotoss are lovely of yore black catss!
    An Miss Biddy you musta bin REELLY piXXed off to poop on THE counter!! Yore lucky Miss Jen iss so furgivin! 😉
    ***purrss*** BellaDharma an ((huggiess)) LadyMew

Posted by BellaDharma an LadyMew | July 29, 2021, 12:02 PM
  10. Owning a black pet makes picture taking so challenging. You did a great job. Well done.

Posted by Tails Around the Ranch | July 29, 2021, 1:59 PM

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: We Hate You Wednesday – Black Cat Edition – Working Through The Kinks - August 8, 2021